OLIVE PICKING HOLIDAYS
Every November you can join us to experience an authentic Abruzzo olive harvest. In just a few minutes we'll teach you how to pick in the same way olives have been harvested for thousands of years - by hand! It's easy and remarkably relaxing. You'll be picking side by side other visitors or even some professionals! After several hours, with time to sit and enjoy nature, some bread and cheese and our Monepulciano d'Abruzzo, we'll take out bounty back to the mill where processing goes on all day and night! ... and oh Yes, your kids will have lots of fun.
OLIVE PICKING HOLIDAY
On this holiday you will spend some time
with local farmers finding out about the different methods that they use to pick the olives. You will also discover
the different varieties of olive grown here in Abruzzo.
This holiday will let you experience the olive oil harvest
and teach you about olive oil production - plus you get to taste and cook with the produce - dishes such
Lamb Scaloppine with Black Olives and Lemon, Delicate Cheese-Filled Crêpes in Broth, Polenta Topped with Sausages in Spicy Tomato Sauce.
You will also enjoy our famous Montepulciano d'Abruzzo - Abruzzo's most important red, vinified from 85 percent Montepulciano grapes; plummy, velvety, and dry, it ages well and is ideal alongside red meats and aged cheeses.
- 7 nights Self Catering or B&B Accommodation
- Local Restaurants Guide and Driving Instructions
- 3 X Olive Harvesting
- Museum of Olive Oil Visit
- Local Wine & Cheese Tasting
- 24/7 Telephone Assistance & Support on Site
- Our Self Guided Walks Booklet
- Our Cook with Abruzzo Olive Oil Book
- 2 X Cooking Lessons
- Pescara Airport is now offering direct flights from London, Paris, Barcelona, Brussels, Frankfurt, Kiev, Moscow, New York and Toronto as low cost flights.
- Rome Ciampino is only a 2.3 hours drive.
- From / To Airport Transfers are available on request. Additional charge may apply.
WHEN TO VISIT
WHAT THEY SAY