We will design and operate our holidays in a way that gives the highest degree of long-term economic benefit to the host communities, whilst also maintaining and/or improving the environment.
• We aim to use local suppliers wherever possible.
• We aim to develop long-term relationships with our partners overseas so that the economic benefit is ongoing.
• We aim to work with our overseas partners to increase the skill sets of our local staff.
• We aim to ensure that our type and scale of tourism is appropriate to local conditions and does not overload local infrastructure.
• We will take into consideration economic, environmental and cultural issues when looking at new destinations.
• We aim to minimise water and atmospheric pollution from any specific tourism development we use.
• We aim to achieve zero litter policies everywhere.
• We aim to work closely with all relevant local bodies and authorities to help preserve or improve the environment and deliver a long-term benefit for the host community.
We will attempt to operate our holidays in a way that encourages positive cultural exchanges.
• Where possible we will encourage local involvement and provide financial support for economic, social or environmental projects that will benefit the local communities.
• We will encourage our clients, through our literature, staff and leaders, to act in a socially responsible way.
• We will attempt to impart an insight and understanding of the host culture and community to our clients so that they can gain more from visiting them.
• We will encourage and train our local partners and staff to gain an insight into the culture and way of life of our clients.
• We will run our head office in a responsible manner by using
fair-trade products, monitoring, and where possible reducing, our energy
usage, as well as recycling.
• We will provide regular and ongoing training in the principles and practices of responsible tourism, both to our office staff.